AUSTRALIAN BAR ASSOCIATION
The Australian Bar Association is monitoring COVID-19 developments and all efforts to contain the risk posed by the virus. To protect the health and safety of members of the association, we will continually update the following list of resources.
Federal Court of Australia
- The Federal Court of Australia is communicating with all parties with matters listed for hearing in the upcoming months. Parties have been requested to identify (with the assistance of the Court) opportunities by which listings may proceed either by way of telephone conference or other remote access technology. The court is working to ensure that as many listings as possible are able to proceed. Learn more here and here. (18 March)
- The Federal Court of Australia has released a statement indicating that all listings that require in person attendance, including mediations and listings relying on video link from court premises listed up until 30 June 2020, are vacated. The new arrangements will commence on 18 March 2020. Learn more here.
- Subject to those new arrangements see also Federal Court announcement for first instance docketed matters, registrar’s court lists and new filings here.
Federal Circuit Court
- Measures to contain the spread of COVID-19 (16 March)
Australian Capital territory
- The ACTBA has released a message from president Steve Whybrow
New South Wales
- The NSWBA has collated a list of notices and information for it's members, please click here for more information
- The BAQ has collated a list of notices and information for it's members, please click here for more information